Legislative Drafting and Advisory
The Legislative Drafting and Advisory Team draft legislation (primary,secondary and some tertiary) on behalf of the Law Officers for the Bailiwick and its Islands, including:
- Projets de Loi, which are primary legislation approved by the Island legislatures and subsequently submitted to the Privy Council for Royal Sanction,
- Ordinances, which are enacted by Island legislatures,
- The more complex Statutory Instruments made by States' Committees and other public bodies,
- Orders in Council extending UK Acts of Parliament to the Islands with modifications (which are drafted in consultation with UK government lawyers),
- Rules of Court (in particular for the Royal Court of Guernsey and the Guernsey Court of Appeal).
They also manage and administer the legislative content of the Guernsey Legal Resources website.